Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hump Day

I really hate terms like "hump day" but when Wednesday rolls around I feel it in my bones. There isn't anything better on TV on Wednesdays but there really should be 'cause watching TV is pretty much the only thing I want to do. From 8:05 to 8:30 I think I literally watched as the minutes ticked by on the clock in the hallway. The reason for that being Em goes to bed at 8:30pm and my husband would also be heading out the door. I was looking forward to quiet.

I miss quiet. It feels a lot more precious when you have kids. Those rare special moments when you are truly alone. And I don't want to do anything productive. There are a million more life affirming things I could be doing but I won't be doing any of them. It's hump day. And all I want to do is lay on my couch and read blogs. All I want to hear is the helicopter that is apparently circling an apartment building nearby. And I will hold my breath slightly in the hopes that I don't hear a cry coming from the bedroom or a key in the lock signaling that my mother-in-law is home. And I will enjoy every silent second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment