Monday, September 9, 2013

Out with the Old

I've always loved September. More than January it feels like the beginning of a new year. I think of freshly sharpened pencils and new clothes. Maybe because I'm an nerd who liked school and always did my summer reading. I've got no new pencils (or new clothes for that matter) but I did spend two hours on a conference call with an Oscar nominated actress and the director of an all-time top grossing film while in my underwear trying on shoes. It's called multi-tasking.

Closet cleaning is one of those new year / new season things to do. And this whole diet / eating well thing has been going quite well, so I thought I would sort some clothes and see if there were more than the two pairs of jeans I've been wearing to death that might actually fit me. Five pounds isn't life-changing, but truthfully - five pounds is probably the most I've lost at any point in time when I've tried to lose weight in the last few years - and I just lost it in a week!

I'm feeling pretty good about that - so I treated myself by spending six hours (about five hours more than I thought I would) cleaning out my closet. As a mom, you don't really get to spend six hours at home ever doing something like that so it felt a little like an island vacation. And if it meant I needed to take a conference call at the same time - so be it. Thankfully, it wasn't Skype.

No comments:

Post a Comment